Thanksgiving is now the most popular day to run a race with more than 1,000 events each year! But turkey trots aren’t your typical race. Their immense popularity and holiday timing can make planning one a unique challenge, even for seasoned race directors.
That’s why we’ve created our free guide on How to Plan a Turkey Trot, featuring 10 chapters to provide race directors with the tools they need to plan and execute a top-notch turkey trot. In this guide on how to plan a turkey trot, race directors will learn about:
- Basics of planning a turkey trot
- Ins and outs of race permits
- How to balance a race budget
- How to secure sponsorships
- Registration and timing strategies
- Media sponsors and event photography
- How to attract more participants
- The dos and don’ts of race swag
- Volunteer management
- Maximizing your post-race
The How to Plan a Turkey Trot guide is just one of many that we’ve released to help race directors spark creative ideas and grow their events. We’ve previously covered How to Plan a 5k, Sponsorships, and Social Media for Race Directors. Keep an eye out for future guides that will dive deeper into individual topics that you can add to your toolkit.
Download the free How to Plan a Turkey Trot guide here. Good luck and happy planning!
To learn more about ChronoTrack, contact us.