If you have clicked your way to the Registration > Custom Questions tab recently, you have probably noticed a couple of changes in the user interface display and the flow for creating custom questions. We have implemented some changes to simplify the custom creation process and improve the display of custom question information in the user interface.
1. The custom creation process has been split into 2 separate flows: Product custom question creation and Survey custom question creation. If you need to create a custom question to sell t-shirts, pasta tickets, a one day USAT membership, etc., then you are going to want to create a Product custom question. If you need to create a custom question to gather information about your registrants without selling them anything, then you are going to want to create a Survey custom question. Basically, if you’re selling something in the form it is a Product, and if you aren’t selling something in the form it is a Survey.
Below is a screenshot that displays the two buttons that you would click to create a Product/Survey custom question:
2. The process of adding checkbox/radio/menu options on step 2 of a Checkbox Group, Radio Group, or Select Menu custom question has been revamped. It used to be a large text field in which users just added one option per line within the field. We have changed this to a grid system, in which you are able to specify the label and value of each option in a more user-friendly interface. You can click to add rows, remove rows, and you can drag and drop rows to reorder the options. Below is a screenshot that displays the new interface:
3. The user interface display of custom questions in the Registration > Custom Questions tab has been changed to display information about custom questions in a more intuitive way. Among the improvement in the user experience, we also now display the price information for product custom questions in the interface. Below is a screenshot that displays the new interface:
4. We have redesigned the process of creating product custom questions to have more intuitive product types, limited answer formats to choose from based on the selected product type, and the addition of the ability to add price per option for Radio Group and Select Menu product questions. The new product types are listed below, accompanied by a short description:
- a.Single Price – Single Option (e.g. insurance fee): This product type only allows answer format of Single Checkbox or Yes/No. This should be utilized if the product only allows one selection that will apply a charge in the form.
- b. Single Price – Multi Option (e.g. shirt size): This product type only allows answer format of Radio Group or Select Menu. This should be utilized if the product allows one selection from multiple options, charging same price for each option.
- c. Single Price – Multi Selection (e.g. shuttle tickets): This product type only allows answer format of Number, Radio Group, or Select Menu. This should be utilized to allow multiple selections of a single product.
- d. Multi Price – Multi Option (e.g. training programs): This product type only allows answer format of Radio Group or Select Menu. This should be utilized if the product allows one selection from multiple options, charging a variable price depending on the option selected.
- e. Custom Price (e.g. donation): This product type only allows answer format of Decimal. This should be utilized to allow the registrant to enter a custom dollar amount.
This represents the first iteration of a concerted effort to improve the design, usability, and functionality of our custom questions. Stay tuned for more improvements to come!
Click here for more help documentation on custom questions.
Not already using ChronoTrack Live for race management?